Bank On Charleston Partner Resources
Visit our partner sites below for information on financial courses and trainings:
Increasing H.O.P.E. https://increasinghope.org/programs-and-courses/
Origin SC: https://originsc.org/programs/
Connect to Free VITA Tax Preparation Assistance Sites:
Charleston Area Urban League: https://www.ctul.org/
Volunteer as a VITA Tax Preparer: https://www.ctul.org/vita-volunteers
Increasing HOPE Financial Training Center: https://increasinghope.org/
For individuals not eligible for VITA Tax Preparation, visit SC Thrive: https://scthrive.org/for-you/filetaxes/
Search below for different resources. You can download a list of banks in Charleston that have affordable accounts that we recommend. We have downloadable budget sheets, a bank account checklist, educational resources, and much more! If you are in search of certain information, please reach out to us or one of our partners.
Check out upcoming financial education events: https://bankoncharleston.org/events/
S.M.A.R.T. Financial Goals
Use the acronym SMART to remember these simple goal-setting guidelines. Your goals should be:
- Specific — State one clear outcome and the estimated amount of money needed.
- Measurable — Use benchmarks and identify what kind of evidence you’ll have when the goal is attained.
- Achievable — Assess your likelihood of reaching the goal by examining your circumstances and resources.
- Realistic — Make sure the goal is relevant and meaningful to your values.
- Time-bound — Set target completion dates and milestones throughout to measure progress.
VITA Tax Prep
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free tax help and e-file for qualifying taxpayers. Getting Started: A step-by-step guide
Safe Financial Measures to Take During COVID-19
Below are the top ways to keep your money safe if you have been financially affected by COVID-19. Get In Control of Your Bills Contact your financial institutions. They may
CFE Fund Announces the Bank On National Account Standards for 2019-2020
28 banks and credit unions with over 21,300 branches now offer accounts meeting Bank On National Account Standards