These resources can help you build your financial knowledge! Starting to create good money habits now can show you what works for you. So maybe you like to focus on tracking spending to looking to save money for college. Now is a great time to learn and try different techniques to reach your personal money goals.
First things first! You should open a safe checking and savings account. Banks have accounts just for youth and students. These accounts usually waive fees and have options that promote saving. A checking and savings account is a great way to protect and grow your money. Your money in savings accounts gains interest so your money makes money when it just sits in the account.
Links to Other resources
- Thinking about college: https://bettermoneyhabits.bankofamerica.com/en/college
- Basic Financial Knowledge: https://www.cashcourse.org/
- Reality Check Simulator: https://www.jumpstart.org/what-we-do/support-financial-education/reality-check
- Sesame Street Finances for Kids: https://www.sesamestreet.org/toolkits/save
- Financial Lessons for all ages: https://www.td.com/us/en/personal-banking/wowzone/
- Money Arcade: https://www.ngpf.org/arcade/
Check out upcoming financial education events: https://bankoncharleston.org/events/